Blessings for keeping my commandments: • I will give you rain in due season.
• The land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit. You shall eat your bread to the full. You shall still have food from the previous year, when the new is harvested.
• You shall dwell in your land safely. And I will give peace in the land, and you shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid.
• I will rid evil beasts out of the land.
• The sword shall not go through your land. You shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword, even when they outnumber you 100:1.
• I will make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.
• I will set my tabernacle among you: and walk among you. I will be your God, and you shall be my people.
Consequences for not doing all these commandments, but breaking my covenant:
• You shall sow your seed in vain, because your enemies shall eat your harvest.
• Your strength shall be spent in vain: because your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.
• I will appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart.
• You shall be slain by your enemies:
• They that hate you shall reign over you; and you shall flee when none pursues you.
• I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
• I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:
• I will bring seven times more plagues on you according to your sins.
• I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.
If you still will not be reformed by me by these things, I will punish you seven times more for your sins.
• I will bring a sword on you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant:
• When you are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you
• You shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
• You shall eat and not be satisfied.
• If you will walk contrary to me; Then I will walk contrary to you also in fury;
• You shall eat the flesh of your sons and your daughters.
• I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases on the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.
• I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries to desolation, and I will not smell the savor of your sweet odors.
• I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.
• I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.
• Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lies desolate, and you be in your enemies’ land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths. As long as it lies desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when you dwell on it.
• On them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursues. And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursues: and you shall have no power to stand before your enemies. And you shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up. And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies’ lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.
If they confess their iniquity, and that they have walked contrary to me
If their uncircumcised hearts are humbled, and
If they accept the punishment of their iniquity:
Then I will remember my covenant with Jacob, and Isaac, and Abraham will I remember; and
I will remember the land.
These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the Lord made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.